In July, the annual Ohio ACTE conference was held and the BIT division had its annual meeting. The Business Information and Technology (BIT) division is designed to provide support to Career-Technical Business and Information Technology educators in Ohio. The BIT division provides an annual $1,000 Scholarship to a BPA student member whose advisor is a BIT member.
During the meeting, there were several awards given for the BIT division. I would like to congratulate the following:
- Ambassador – Joni Bachelor
- Outstanding New Career and Technical Teacher – Melinda O’Connor
- Teacher of the Year – John Stalcup
- Administrator of the Year – Barbara Trent
- Distinguished Service Award – Dawn Thompson
- Pacesetter Awards – Joanne Hodgeson and Ruth Ann Falconer