Ohio BPA is the largest BPA State in the national organization. As you are preparing and making final plans for attending NLC keep in mind the items below. REMEMBER – these details were taken from the Conference Preview Guide and the actual Conference Guide may change rooms so be sure to DOUBLE CHECK room assignments.
Once I have the room number and hours for the Ohio Suite I will share via Facebook and our webpage (ohiobpa.org). The Ohio Suite is a place that you and your students can visit to meet the Ohio State Officers and pick up snacks and drinks.
First time advisors to NLC – there will be two meetings for you in the Ohio Suite, on Wednesday, May 4 at 9pm OR Thursday, May 5 at 8am to help answer questions and give you a quick overview of what to expect while on site at NLC.
- Curfew is midnight each evening.
- Dress Code and Emergency Medical form is located in the Conference Preview Guide
- Ohio State Meeting (secondary/middle) – being held Thursday, May 5 from 6:30-7:30pm in room 309 of the Hynes Convention Center.
- Middle Level Opening Session – being held Thursday, May 5 from 4-6pm in the Sheraton Grand Ballroom
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Opening Session – being held Thursday, May 5 from 8:30 – 10:00pm at the Hynes Convention Center Arena.
- National Honor Awards Session – being held Friday, May 6 from 12:30 – 2:00pm at the Hynes Convention Center Arena. This is for recognition of BPA Cares Awards and Ambassador Awards. Ms. Barbara Trent will be honored with induction into the Hall of Fame and Mrs. Jennifer Rue will be recognized as a winner of the Emerging Educator Award.
- Ohio Pizza Party – being held Friday, May 6 from 7-8pm in the Gloucester Room at the Boston Marriott Copley Place.
- Day of Service Activities are Saturday, May 7 from 8:00am – 12:00 noon at the Sheraton Beacon Rooms. If interested in participating in Bloodmobile, email Ms. Burris for signup information.
- 50th Celebration at Fenway Park is being held Saturday, May 7 from 6-10pm.
- Secondary and Middle Awards Ceremony is being held Sunday, May 8 from 8:30 – 11:30pm