State Officer Screening
October 8, 2018
The six-member state officer team is an essential part of the Ohio Association. The officer screening process allows for twelve of the best suited candidates to run for state officer positions at the Fall Leadership Conference.
Please read the 2018-19 Officer Handbook in its entirety. The necessary officer screening forms are part of that document. In order to be be eligible for screening candidates must submit screening documents and the candidate application by the stated deadline – September 28, 2018.
The process has been updated, so please review it and ask questions! Each group consists of six students and it is important to remain with your assigned group.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to assigned appointment time
- Receive Group Designation
- Have individual pictures taken
- Sit in designated Group Holding Area
- Wait for instructions
- All Groups will hear the presentation by the Leadership Development Coordinator (15 minutes)
- Group A will be moved to the interview rooms for interview and speech (15 minutes)
- Group B will remain.
- Group A will be moved to the testing room and Group B will be escorted to the interview rooms.
- After Group B finishes their interviews, they will be escorted to the testing room.
- This process will repeat for groups C and D
- Written Test and Essay (1 hr time limit)
- Groups A & B will be taken to the test room at the same time
- Groups C & D will be taken to the test room at the same time
- Once testing is complete, students are complete with the process